<div id="header"> <div id="logo"> <a href="http://www.a4cp.org"><img src="/sites/default/files/corolla_logo.png" alt="Association for Constraint Programming"> </a> </div> <div id="header-name"> <a href="http://www.a4cp.org">Association for Constraint Programming</a> </div> </div> <div id="content">
The CP conference is the premier annual international conference on constraint programming. It is concerned with all aspects of computing with constraints, including but not limited to algorithms, environments, languages, models, systems, theory, and applications such as decision making, resource allocation, configuration, planning, and scheduling.
We invite proposals for workshops preceding the main conference program of CP 2022, which will be held as part of The Eighth Federated Logic Conference (FLoC 2022) from July 31st to August 5th, 2022.
The purpose of the CP workshops is to provide an informal venue in which participants can:
- explore specific research areas in depth,
- discuss new research directions,
- study specific application areas of CP, or
- bring together researchers from different fields with shared interests.
In previous years, workshop topics included data analytics, smart cities, packing & placement, cloud computing, configuration, AI planning, teaching, testing & verification, bioinformatics, constraint-based modeling, CP solvers, cross-fertilisation with other solving technologies, etc. We are happy to receive workshop proposals for either the same or new topics, especially those exploring multi-disciplinary ideas and methodologies.
While you are free to have a more traditional workshop with invited abstracts and/or invited lectures, we also encourage new ideas and formats that could foster more interaction from your audience.
All workshops will take place at the site of the main conference, and follow either a half-day format or a full-day format. To accommodate the available space at the venue, the CP organizing committee may propose merging smaller workshops into a single event.
The Association for Constraint Programming (ACP) encourages application for sponsorship of an Incubator Workshop. An Incubator Workshop should address a promising novel topic, be multi-disciplinary in nature, and have the aim to broaden the application of CP or deepen its methodologies. Assuming sufficient funds are available, the ACP will make up to 1,500 euros available for this purpose.
Important Dates (for proposers of workshop)
- November 30th, 2021 - Workshop proposal submission deadline,
- December 30th, 2021 - Workshop acceptance notification,
- May 10th, 2022 - Recommended workshop papers submission deadline,
- June 15th, 2022 - Workshop program published online,
- July 31st and August 1st, 2022 - CP 2022 Workshops.
Each workshop proposal should include the following information, in a single PDF file or in plain text:
- Abstract outlining the goals and scope of the workshop
- Description of the target audience
- Motivation for running the workshop
- Estimate of the number/list of (invited) speakers, tutors, and participants
- History of the workshop (if applicable), with the number of applications and the number of attendees (if available)
- Tentative duration of the workshop: half day or full day
- Relevant chairing experience of the main organizers (if any)
- Organizing committee members (if already known)
- Contact information of the main organizers
The Workshop Chair will acknowledge receipt of the proposal.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Organizers
The workshop organizers are responsible for:
- Creating calls for abstracts (or papers) and calls for participation, and distributing them on specialist channels not used by the Publicity Chair of CP 2022. These calls should note that the CP workshops will be held as part of the Eighth Federated Logic Conference (FLoC 2022). The call for abstracts (or papers), if any, must clearly describe the review & selection process and indicate that at least one author of every accepted abstract (or paper) must attend the workshop and pay the workshop fees; otherwise the presentation (and paper) will be withdrawn from the proceedings (if any) and program. Creating and publishing, in a timely manner, a webpage at the CP 2022 website, including all the relevant calls and information pertaining to the workshop.
- Providing a short description for the conference program.
- Reviewing and selecting abstract (or paper) submissions.
- Scheduling the presentations within the workshop.
Responsibilities of the CP 2022 Organizing Committee
The responsibility of the conference organization committee, in conjunction with the larger FLoC committee, is to:
- Publicize the workshop calls with the help of the Publicity Chair,
- Publicize the workshop program as a whole,
- Coordinate the allocation of time blocks for each workshop.
Please send your proposal for a workshop by email to the Workshop Chair Ciaran McCreesh email@example.com.
This message was sent on behalf of the Association for Constraint Programming. If you do not wish to receive further messages, please cancel your account at http://www.a4cp.org or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.